Pages - Central Transcript Services
Google Translate           

Quick Launch

Central Transcript Services
Central Transcript Services
​Records Available to You:  
An Ontario Student Transcript (OST) is a legal document summarizing an individual's secondary school credits; both failed and achieved. It shows the date the diploma was issued.

A Diploma is a “keepsake” and is not an official legal record.  It is regularly quicker and easier to acquire an OST than a diploma with the same results.
Succession of Schools Attended is required by individuals who wish their children to attend an English language school in Quebec.

Fee Information

​Service ​Fee
          Additional transcripts (applied for within the same request)
​$ 25.00
$ 5.00 per copy
​Diploma ​$ 25.00

Different records within a request (e.g. transcript and diploma) are each $25.00. Payment must accompany all requests prior to processing.

Methods of Payment:

By telephone ​ Credit card (VISA or MasterCard). Call 905-727-0022 extension 2111, option 3 to securely leave your credit card
information. This line is secure; your personal information is protected.
In person​ ​Cash, cheque, debit or credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
By mail ​ Cheque only. Make cheques payable to the York Region District School Board.

Requesting Transcripts \ School Records:

If you are still enrolled in secondary school, please contact your schools' Guidance Department for assistance.
If you are no longer enrolled in secondary school complete a School Records Request Form. Processing time for transcripts is 5 to 7 business days. This does not include mail delivery time. During peak periods or in certain circumstances processing time may be longer. 
Visiting our office in person does not guarantee you will immediately receive your records. Some records require time to locate and process.
You are required to present identification to collect your record. While another person may pick up your record(s) on your behalf, the records request must have been placed in advance by completing a School Records Request Form. Further a YRDSB Consent to Release Information to a Third Party Form must be completed and provided at the time of pick up.

Third Party Requests

Employment Agencies and Legal Firms

Send requests to or fax to Central Transcript Services (905-727-3953). Make sure you include: the documentation you need completed, the payment (Methods of Payment outlined above), and the authorization to release personal information signed by your client.


Complete the School Records Request Form. Check “yes” on the section that asks if your submission is a “third party request”. Please note that you will require a completed YRDSB Consent to Release Information to a Third Party Form at the time of pick up if you were to collect the record(s) on the student’s behalf.
If you are a third party such as an employment agency please fill out the online request form and fax or email an original "authorization to release personal information" from your client. Also provide payment of $25.00 with the request or your request will be delayed.
Requests from Law firms require the provision of an Authorization to Release form signed by a person of legal age or with legal guardianship of a minor or power of attorney.  Access will be coordinated with the last school attended. 

Records Required for Post Secondary Applications:

If applying to an Ontario college or university through, please request high school transcripts online as part of the application process.

Location, Hours and Contact Information:

York Region District School Board - Education Centre
60 Wellington Street West,
Aurora, Ontario
L4G 3H2
Located on the north side of Wellington Street, west of Yonge Street, east of Bathurst Street.
8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. Closed Fridays in July and August.
Call:​ 905-727-0022 ext. 2111  ​
​Fax: ​905 727-1931

Concerns about Record Content:

If you have concerns about the content of your school record, please contact the last school you attended.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How long will it take to mail?

Your request will be delivered using Canada Post standard mail service. We are unable to guarantee a delivery date.  

Can you email me a digital copy of my transcript?

Yes, but email is not secure and the York Region District School Board will not assume responsibility. Emailing school records does not alter the fee.
Share |