Pages - How Can We Help You?
Google Translate           
How Can We Help You?
How Can We Help You?

Supporti​ng your Concerns

How can YRDSB help you? (PDF)​ – ​If you have questions or a concern, we encourage you to contact us.

If you are looking for more information about a school, the school board or education in Ontario, you can:

  • Contact the teacher or school principal.
  • Visit the school website.
  • Explore the York Region District School Board website.
  • Contact the school board directly.
  • Contact your local trustee to share concerns or offer suggestions.
  • Visit the Ministry of Education’s website.

Most situations can be resolved with dialogue and co-operation. If you would like to voice a concern, please use the following steps:

  1. Gather as much information about the situation as possible. If your concern is not school related, contact any service department.
  2. Call the school and arrange a meeting with the teacher to discuss your concern.
  3. If you require further assistance, please contact your school principal.
  4. If your concern is still not resolved, contact the appropriate Superintendent of Schools at your Community Education Centre. The Superintendent will act as a facilitator to resolve the matter. You may wish to put your concerns in writing at this time.
  5. If you feel strongly that the situation requires further consideration, you may contact the Assistant Manager, Board and Trustee Services. Your concern will be reviewed and may be directed to another staff member for action.

You are welcome to involve a friend or advocate at any time if it makes you feel more comfortable. Translation and interpretation assistance will be provided wherever possible. 

If you have a human rights concern or complaint, information on how to seek assistance is available through our Human Rights Policy 240.0 or you may contact the Human Rights Commissioner’s Office (HRCO) by email at:​ or by telephone at: (905) 884-2046 Ext. 255.​​

Share |