Google Translate           
Custodianship IES

Minor children who are less than 18 years of age and come to Canada to study without a parent or legal guardian must be cared for by a responsible adult in Canada. This person is known as a custodian. 

Custodianship requires that legal arrangements be made to give the custodian in Canada permission to act in place of a parent. 

A custodian must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. In addition to the legal responsibilities of a custodian, YRDSB requires that the custodian must be over age 25 and be the official contact for the Admissions Office and the school in matters regarding the international student.

NOTE: YRDSB does not provide custodianship services for short-term programs; therefore, parents must make arrangements to carefully select a custodian while their child is in Canada and prepare the appropriate paperwork.


Share |