Once your Edsby account is activated, select the Registration link and login to Edsby with your email user name and password and follow the instructions below:
- On your Edsby home page, click on ‘Registration Campaigns’.
- Which child do you wish to register for this program: If you are a YRDSB parent of a child at an Edsby school, select your child’s name from the dropdown list in the first section and click ‘Select’. Since your child’s information is on file with their current school, you will automatically proceed to step 4, Additional Parent/Guardian Info.
If you are not currently a YRDSB parent of a child at an Edsby school, select ‘Register a New Child’.
- Register a New Child: Complete the ‘New Student Information’ page.
Tips for completing Student Information:
Additional Parent/Guardian Contact: If you do not wish to add a second parent/guardian/contact, click ‘Next’.
- Fields marked with * are mandatory.
- Enter the complete unabbreviated street name and street type (e.g. Main Street West).
- Enter a valid 6 digit York region postal code.
- For non-YRDSB student, select ‘New/Out of district’ for ‘Current School’
If you do wish to add one, click ‘Add Parent/Guardian/Contact and complete the ‘Additional Parent/Guardian/Contact page and click ‘Save’ to proceed.
Select School - Based on the student’s address, the YRDSB school locator will identify the IB school.
If you receive the message that a school could NOT be located, and you are a YRDSB parent of a child at an Edsby school, verify your child’s address at the current school. If you receive the message and you are not a YRDSB parent of a child at an Edsby school, you will need to review the address entered. .
Select ‘Register a New Child’ node on the progress bar across the top the top right corner to retrieve your child’s saved ‘Student Information’. Review the address fields carefully and revise if necessary. If there are no corrections to be made, contact the IB coordinator of the school you would expect your child to attend before proceeding.
Teacher Reference – Here you will enter information for the child’s current grade 8 teacher - First name, last name and email address. If it is a YRDSB teacher, the address will be the email@example.com. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Select Date for Admission Assessment – from the dropdown list, select the date and time for your child to write the assessment and click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Pay – Shopping Cart and Checkout: If the item description appears correct, click ‘Add to Shopping Cart’. Then click ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
Then click ‘PayPal Checkout’ to process the payment.
You will be directed to the PayPal site where you will select one of the following payment types:
- Credit Card (VISA/Mastercard)
- PayPal Account
*Note that you do not have to have a PayPal account to pay by credit card.
After entering your credit card/PayPal account information, click ‘Pay Now’ to submit your payment.
After the payment is processed, you will be redirected back to Edsby to a confirmation page, which includes instructions on what to expect next in the IB assessment process. You may print this screen for your records. Also, you will be sent an email confirming the registration and payment.
You may logout of your account now.