Google Translate           
Our School 129
Our School
Deer Park Public School is located in the North end of Keswick near the shores of Lake Simcoe.
Our school motto is "Small but Mighty in spirit and heart".
Our school mascot is a Deer.
Our school team name is the Chargers.
In 1969 the small school boards of York County amalgamated to create the York County Board of Education. At this time many of the old one and two room schools were closed and sold. Students were relocated to a larger school with up to date facilities. Only a small number of these one-room schools remain within the fabric of our present day school buildings in York Region. Deer Park is one of these schools!
The first school on site of the present Deer Park Public School was built in 1882 and came to be known as Lakeview School, school section #6, North Gwillimbury. It was a frame building that was kept heated by a wood stove in the winter. In 1912, the school board built a new one-room schoolhouse that cost a little over $4000. This brick structure remains part of Deer Park school today!
In the next 10 years many improvements were made including the acquisition of a piano, flagpole and a school garden. In 1930, an addition to the school for junior classes was constructed. In 1953 the school expanded yet again with a third classroom being added in the basement.
A second addition was added to the school in 1954, which sustained a growing population until 1969 when a wing was added to Deer Park.
The school continued to grow in the 1970's and 1980's. The school received a gymnasium and a library in 1972 and several portable classrooms in 1985.
Share |
Connect With YRDSB!
York Region District School Board Twitter Feed
York Region District School Board YouTube Channel
York Region District School Board Linkedin
YRDSB Mobile App
Privacy Policy / Copyright / Disclaimer

© York Region District School Board. All Rights Reserved.
60 Wellington Street West, Aurora, ON. L4G 3H2