Google Translate           
Our School 250
Our School
C250-Exterior-2011 - crop.jpg
King City Public School’s doors opened on the first day of school in September 2009 for students in kindergarten to grade eight.  This new building amalgamated the King City Senior School and Eva L. Dennis students under one roof.
  SS 2.jpg
Schooling in the village of King City dates back to a two room school house known as School Section No. 2 Springhill.  In 1873 the Municipal Council of King Township held a public meeting at Mr. John Hogan’s Hall to form the new school section to accommodate the growth occurring at the cross roads of King Road and Keele Street. 
The school was later renamed Doris M. Patton when Eva L. Dennis school was built in 1959.  Both schools were named after teachers who taught at S.S. No. 2 Springhill. 
In 1966 King City Senior School was built and the doors of Doris M. Patton School closed.  The township sold the old school house to the Local St. Andrews Presbyterian Church and named the surrounding land Doris M. Patton Park.
 King City 001 - crop.jpgC250-WestCentre-2003 - crop.jpg
KCPS was built on the original site of King City Senior School and its heritage was maintained with the familiar school colours of green and gold and the King Cobra mascot.


Share |
Connect With YRDSB!
York Region District School Board Twitter Feed
York Region District School Board YouTube Channel
York Region District School Board Linkedin
YRDSB Mobile App
Privacy Policy / Copyright / Disclaimer

© York Region District School Board. All Rights Reserved.
60 Wellington Street West, Aurora, ON. L4G 3H2