Google Translate           
Our School 153
Our School

Morning Glory P.S. is named after the Morning Glory flower. The doors of the school were first opened to grades 7 and 8 as a Senior Public School on February 7th, 1955. The name "Morning Glory" originated from the original building on the site "The Old Morning Glory Hotel". The original school consisted of two classrooms and 71 pupils from the surrounding areas. The first teachers were Mrs. C. Pugsley, who taught grade 7 and Mr. L. D. O'Neill, who taught grade 8 and was also the principal.

Our school mascot is a Timberwolf.
Morning Glory P.S. was officially opened in 1955. During 1959 and 1960, two more classrooms were added; then between 1965 and 1967, five more classrooms, a staff room and gymnasium were added. During 1970 and 1971, the old gymnasium, which was much too small for the school's 516 students, was converted into an attractive library resource centre. A new gymnasium was added. At this time, the one-room Black River and Udora schools, as well as the two-room school at Pefferlaw were closed. In 2001, another addition was opened. This included six classrooms, another new gymnasium (the old gymnasium was converted to a library/resource center) and a pantry. Extensive renovations also took place creating an office and staffroom along the front of the school. Presently the student population is 605.
Share |
Connect With YRDSB!
York Region District School Board Twitter Feed
York Region District School Board YouTube Channel
York Region District School Board Linkedin
YRDSB Mobile App
Privacy Policy / Copyright / Disclaimer

© York Region District School Board. All Rights Reserved.
60 Wellington Street West, Aurora, ON. L4G 3H2