Google Translate           
Our School 181
Our School

History
Stuart Scott P.S. is named after Dr. Stuart Scott who was born February 26, 1860 in Northumberland County.  He was educated in Gananoque and taught school for 3 years in 1885, he graduated from University of Toronto and practiced medicine in Lloydtown for three years.  He married Miss Lizzie Dunn, daughter of Jonathan & Lydia Dunn, a Quaker family of Northumberland County in 1886 and had a son in 1888. In 1889, Dr. Scott and his family moved to Newmarket where he was a member of Methodist church and of the school board.  He was also the coroner for York County and located his office near the south end of Main Street.  Mr. Scott was also involved in the building of three schools. 

Our school motto is:
  • Pride in Self
  • Pride in School
  • Pride in Community
Facilities
Stuart Scott P.S. was officially opened in 1923. Additions were placed on the original school in 1955, 1964, and 1972.
 
The school facility includes:
  • 13 regular classrooms
  • 1 library
  • 1 computer lab. L.A.N., W.A.N.
  • 1 gym
  • 1 music room
  • the playground offers a large tarmac area and an adventure playground
  • the running track, jumping pits, softball diamond and grassed area were all refurbished in the year 2000
  • the school grounds are adjacent to tennis courts, an outdoor rink, the Lion's Club Park, and the Gorman Pool
 
Share |
Connect With YRDSB!
York Region District School Board Twitter Feed
York Region District School Board YouTube Channel
York Region District School Board Linkedin
YRDSB Mobile App
Privacy Policy / Copyright / Disclaimer

© York Region District School Board. All Rights Reserved.
60 Wellington Street West, Aurora, ON. L4G 3H2