Google Translate           
Our School 218
Our School

Our Staff

Williams' 2017-2018 Teaching Staff 

History
The Dr. G.W. Williams S.S. is named after Dr. David Garnet Wolseley Williams, a local medical doctor and former trustee of the school board for forty-eight years, thirty-five of them as chairman. Previous to the school’s renaming in 1961 it was known as Aurora High School (1888-1952) and Aurora District High School (1952-1961). Our school motto is "A sound mind in a sound body" (Mens sana in corpore sano). The school mascot is the Wildcat. Our school colours: Double Blue.
  

Facilities
Our present school campus was officially opened in 1952.  Additions were made to the original school in 1954/58/67/98.  
 
School Facilities include:
 
Art Studio Library & Resource Centre
Auto Shop
Cafeteria
Classrooms
Communication Technology 
Lab (with Green Screen Studio,   
a Sound Booth, and three
Editing Suites)
Computer Labs
Construction Shop
Design Technology Lab
Drama Room
Foods Lab
Guidance & Career Centre
Instrumental Music Room with five Practice Rooms and
Music Technology Lab
Vocal Music Room with three Practice
Rooms, Keyboards and Music Technology Lab
Outdoor fields (regulation sized)
Outdoor track
Digital Photography Lab/Digital Media Lab
Science Labs, including Chemistry
Stage
Students' Council Office
Student/Staff Parking
Weight/Fitness Room
Single & Double Gymnasiums






















 



​ ​​​​​​​​
 
Share |
Connect With YRDSB!
York Region District School Board Twitter Feed
York Region District School Board YouTube Channel
York Region District School Board Linkedin
YRDSB Mobile App
Privacy Policy / Copyright / Disclaimer

© York Region District School Board. All Rights Reserved.
60 Wellington Street West, Aurora, ON. L4G 3H2